Mouse Not Working Windows 10 Site Microsoft.com – Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working in Windows 10: In the event the wireless mouse will not be working or wireless mouse is getting trapped or freezes on your PC then you definitely are in the best place, as nowadays we are going to talk about on how to resolve this matter. Now there are numerous good reasons because of which this problem can occur including out-of-date, corrupt or incompatible drivers, power management problems, battery power discharge, Universal serial bus slot problem etc.
So without losing any moment let’s observe how to Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working in Windows 10 with help of the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
You might experience the follow problem with your Wireless Mouse:
- Mouse pointer moves randomly
- The Pointer is caught or freezes
- Mouse Button click will not respond
- Mouse settings greyed out
- Mouse drivers not detected by Windows
Make sure you have billed your batteries of Wireless Mouse or entirely alter them with a new group of batteries. Also, test out your Wireless Mouse if it’s working on another PC or not. If this doesn’t function then this indicates your device is defective and you should replace it.
Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working Windows 10 Site Microsoft.com
- 1 Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working Windows 10 Site Microsoft.com
Be sure to produce a recover point just in case something goes wrong. Use USB Mouse, Touchpad or PS2 Mouse connector in order to access Mouse functionality on your computer and after that try out the following steps.
Step 1: For USB/Bluetooth Mouse or Keyboard
- Type control in Windows Lookup then simply click Control Panel.
- Then simply click View Device and Printers under Hardware and Sound.
- Correct-click on your USB Mouse or Keyboard then choose Properties.
- Switch in Hardware tab then click on the HID Device, simply click properties.
- Now click Change Settings then switch to the Power Management Tab.
- Uncheck in option (Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.)
- Select Apply followed by Ok.
- Reboot your PC in order to save changes and find out if you’re able to Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working Windows 10 site Microsoft.com.
Step 2: Disable Fast Startup
- Click Windows Key + R then type control and hit Enter to start Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound then click on Power Options.
- Then from the left windows pane select (Choose what the power buttons do.)
- Now simply click (Change settings that are currently unavailable.)
- Uncheck (Turn on fast startup) and click Save changes.
Step 3: Turn off Filter Keys
- Type Control in the Windows Search then click Control Panel.
- Within Control Panel click on Ease of Access.
- Now you need to once more click on Ease of Access.
- Around the up coming display scroll down and Choose Make the keyboard easier to use option.
- Make sure to uncheck Turn on Filter Keys under Make it easier to sort.
- Select Apply followed by OK.
- Reboot your PC in order to save changes and see if you are able to Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working in Windows 10.
Step 4: Reinstall Wireless Mouse Driver
- Press Windows Key + R then type (devmgmt.msc) then hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Expand Mice as well as other pointing devices then right-click on your Wireless Mouse and select Update Driver.
- On the next screen click on (Browse my computer for driver software.)
- Click on (Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer).
- Uncheck (Show compatible hardware) then select any among the listed devices.
- Select Next to Continue and in case asks for confirmation choose yes.
- Reboot your PC to save changes and once again follow the step from 1-4.
- Once again check (Show compatible hardware) and choose the shown driver preferably PS/2 Compatible Mouse then click Next.
- Restart your PC and find out if you’re able to Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working in Windows 10.
Step 5: Uninstall Wireless Drivers
- Press Windows Key + R then type (devmgmt.msc) then hit Enter.
- Increase Mice along with other pointing devices then right-simply click your wireless mouse and select Uninstall.
- Reboot your PC in order to save changes then Windows will automatically install the default drivers for your device.
Step 6: Perform Clean Boot
Occasionally 3rd party software can conflict with Mouse Drivers and therefore, you ought to be unable to make use of the Wireless Mouse. To be able to Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working Issue, you have to perform clean boot on your PC and diagnose the issue in steps.
Step 7: Install IntelliPoint software
If you have this computer software installed then be sure to check if your wireless device operates or otherwise not. Again Resintall IntelliPoint software to be able to operate Mousinfo diagnostic tool. For additional information how to use this tool reference this Microsoft Post.
That’s it you have successfully Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working in Windows 10 site Microsoft.com concern however, if you still have inquiries regarding this manual then you can ask them within the comment’s section.